(for doctors age 50 or older)
You will face more decisions in the last few years of practice than at any other time throughout your career, and these decisions will be some of the most important you’ll ever make. Unfortunately, most doctors have neither the time nor the financial training to effectively address the numerous financial issues related to retirement. As a result, many doctors lose hundreds of thousands of dollars. Learn the leading edge strategies you need to develop a well-designed plan to assure a successful retirement. Key topics include:
- When can you afford to retire?
- When and how to take retirement plan and IRA distributions
- Meeting cash flow needs in retirement
- Converting to tax-free Roth IRAs
- Methods to reduce taxes on the sale of your practice
- Social Security timing to maximize benefits