Prelude to a Transition: What to Consider Before Choosing a Transition Pathway
Few decisions in your life will have as large of an impact as your practice transition, both qualitatively and quantitatively. Given this, whether buying or selling a practice, it’s never a good idea to “put the cart before the horse” and pursue a transition before appropriately planning. Sadly, many transition plans suffer, and sometimes fall apart, due to an inability or unwillingness to understand the other party’s requests, concerns and/or demands. This presentation will discuss, from both a buyer’s and a seller’s point-of-view, issues that need to be addressed and decisions that need to be made prior to transitioning into the next phase of your career. Course objectives include:
- Explore real world examples of conflict between buyer and seller and what you can do to prepare for, and avoid, such issues.
- Discuss associate compensation from both an employee and an employer standpoint
- Identify the appropriate representatives that buyers and sellers should have involved in their transition.
- Discuss financing options, and how these may impact your planning
- What to do and what not to do to get the most value out of your practice sale
Coronavirus Resource Center for Dentists and Specialists
Articles, updates, and resources to help you successfully navigate the impact of COVID-19 on your dental or specialty practice and personal finances.Go To COVID-19 Resources